Saturday, October 31, 2009

FALL


It's so nice to live in a place that actually has seasons. (Well, I'm not sure they have summer...but I don't mind sacrificing that particular season!) We've really been enjoying the changing colors and cool, clear days.




We spent the last week in Zone Conferences. After we went to Cardiff to meet with the Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, and Cheltenham Zones, we drove way out to the coast to spend a night in Aberwythswyth. We were speaking to the M.T. Stake Youth Conference. I'd never been to that part of Wales before...its very beautiful.


At Zone Conferences, the Assistants did a great object lesson for the missionaries.

President Ogden may have the keys to the mission...he may steer it...







..but the missionaries determine how "fast" it will go...

We need everyone!


Aberwythswyth, Wales


Two weeks ago, our Wylde Green Ward had a Talent Show as a ward/missionary activity. The Missionaries in the Lichfield Zone provided about half of the musical numbers. We have so many talented missionaries in this mission. It was so much fun to see them perform the beautiful hymns of our church.

7 comments:

brianne said...

Aberwhatwhat?

That is a great object lesson. I bet the missionaries had so much fun with that.

And I love seasons too. I cannot believe you made it in AZ as long as you did!

Brett said...

You've got some very creative assistants. Cool object lesson.

I also enjoyed hearing the mission president and his wife speak in our stake conference today. It was different listening to them this time, knowing that you guys are out there doing the same thing.

Megan said...

It looks so beautiful there!

You must have been so proud of the missionaries sharing their talent. It does seem like you have the best group of elders and sisters. I know they have the best mission pres and mission mom!!

p.s. It looks like Brett settled on a name for new baby girl...Merthyr.

Annika said...

It is realy nice to read about your work in Birmingham!
It is also nice of you to share that.
I have a question. How many elders and sister is there in England Birmingham Mission? Do you have the exact number?

Judy said...

I think we have about 130 Elders, and 15 Sisters. That doesn't include our Senior couples.

Cameron Family said...

What a great object lesson! Glad no one was run over!

Looks beautiful there right now. I really want our visit to be during a time when we can enjoy whether and sights we aren't used to here.

Judy said...

All three times they did that demonstration, I got so nervous when all of the missionaries started to push the car, I forgot to take pictures!!! I was sure someone was going to get run over...